Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day

I'm not sure if its my newly found wifely instincts, or the fact that I just graduated and don't have a job, but I have been on a crafting kick lately. Thus, my mothers day gift takes me back to the 2nd grade, not only because it looks like a 2nd grader did it, but because I burned myself with the hot glue two times in the creation of it.  

I decided I'd make my mom a cute little jewelry holder for her earrings. And, because I get major anxiety spending money, I made this little craft for less than $4. 

$1.00 picture frame DI
$1.00 cute vintage tissue paper from the dollar store
$1.00 small wire wastebasket from the dollar store
>$1.00 leftover paint from painting our apt, ribbon from my house, mod podge in my closet, and hot glue from my sister (and neighbor) Alyse:)






Cute ya?

Hope she likes it.

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? Wow, I saw the trash can and thought what is she doing with that. I have no imagination! I love it. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cute girl! I didnt know you had a blog! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reason #2,347,872 why I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - just keep on crafting and posting about it because I need all the cheap ideas I can get. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete