Saturday, June 25, 2011

Raise your hand if you LOVE Elder Hales

For those of you who don't know my brother, just know that if you did know him, you'd probably be raising both hands right now.



To be completely honest, my brother has got to be the best guy, and once he gets home from his LDS mission to London, he'll be the most wanted bachelor around. You see, he has got a lot of things going for him.

1-He grew up with three adoring sisters, thus he understands the crucial aspects of women: we cry alot, we are generally as hungry as men (even though we'll rarely admit it), and we love being treated well.

2-My dad has always been one to build/fix/take care of things himself. And, since Dan was the lone male child, he participated in all of those events, and became quite the handyman.

3-He probably has the best personality of anyone I've ever met. He's trustworthy, absolutely hilarious, hard working, and spontaneous. Case in point:

A) In highschool, when my parents gave him the option of driving a toyota camry or an old ghetto (BROWN) Astro van that our neighbor had nicknamed "the Toaster", he chose the latter. He took out the seats, recarpeted the interior and hung up a hammock. Day after day he brought home girls in that van for lunch.

B) He shaved his eyebrows one week before prom to raise money for charity.



C) He is so creative. He loves playing with photoshop...




D) He is instantly your best friend and can make anybody laugh.



I could go on and on.

So I just thought I would share a portion of a recent letter and a few pictures he's sent to us lately of his work in England. He is seriously an amazing missionary and is loving the work.


I'm glad you all had fun at Powell last week, but to be honest, I didn't really miss Lake powell too much. Elder Turner and I were up to much better things....... DOM DOM DOM,  Elder turner had his first Baptism this week. Oh my what an amazing event that was, I was able to baptise Livi and Elder turner baptised Ovi. We held the baptism on Sunday rather than Saturday, due to scheduling problems, but I am quite a fan of Sunday baptisms. There were so many people in attendance, the spirit was so strong! It was perfect most of our ward was crammed into this little primary room. Priya (there mother)  was in tears the whole time, what a miracle this whole event was. I happened so perfectly, the lord has really blessed Elder Turner and I.  Too add a cherry on top a member went up to watford and bought at Costco Cake..... So good. It was quite an eventful day.

But there is some other news..... As some of you have mentioned move calls have came.... unfortunately this will be my last email from Wembley. Elder turner is taking over the area, serving with another English Gent named Elder Doyle. I am sure that elder Turner will keep things going- As for me...... I have been sent up north, the most north you can go in our mission boundaries. I have been called to serve as a Zone leader up in Norwitch, What crazy news that was. I am really excited though because Norwitch is a big city and we will cover 2 wards. Also it is really cool because I was reading some of our family history and some of our ancestors i think are buried there. This was quite a shock, I have only been a DL for one transfer, it was not expected at all.  All of the other Zone Leaders are well older then me. I guess we will see how it goes.

It has been hard to say goodbye to all of my friends here in wembley, The ward here is fantastic, We have an appointment with Ruben and Kofie tonight to say good bye, It kind of stinks to leave these guys.

Oh well, I guess I am off to a new adventure, I will be serving with an elder from Sweden (Another Country in my European tour) ... I sure do love you all a lot. Thanks for all of the love and support.
Elder Hales









Needless to say, I love my brother. London is lucky to have him.

2 comments:

  1. Love that cute little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Andrea this blog is so cute and I love the mother day's gift you are so Creative I need you to come to my apartment and help me decorate Love all your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete